Friday, February 12, 2016

Melly is in distress

Hermie is still buried.   

Tiny is roaming about the tank. For the past few days, I have noticed that Melly wasn't doing a lot of moving around. She'd be in the same spot morning and night. Tonight, I noticed she was out of her shell!  I tried to coax her back into it after rinsing it out but she just crawled right back out into her hiding place under the coconut fiber on the castle.  Maybe the spiked shell is uncomfortable or too big to manage, so I got a smaller green one and tapped her claws gently until she backed up all the way inside of it.  I placed it under the coconut fiber where she was hiding and turned out the lights to give her a break. I hope she's still in her home tomorrow. I'm not sure what's going on with that. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment